I hope by now you have been able to hear about one or two things from the weekend’s Confirmation day retreat. The candidates overall had a very good day. I was excited to see how they are growing as a community of candidates at St. Peter Chanel. There are 170+ candidates, but they are becoming a community. If you have not yet been able to engage them in discussion yet, these are a few things you might be able to ask about:
- their song on the Gift or the Fruit of the Holy Spirit they chose. And who was in their group for that activity.
- the form of prayer they reported about to their small group.
- what part of the Church tour they found interesting?
- what relic of St. Peter Chanel is part of our church and where is it kept?
their letter to Msgr. Peter Rau.
- why is the bishop the primary minister of the Sacrament and why Chrism Oil as part of their anointing in the Sacrament of Confirmation?
Thank you for all of the help and the food! The Baked Ziti, Fruit of the Spirit Salad and dessert were wonderful. They helped us keep going into the afternoon. It was a wonderful treat to have something so yummy!
The next Candidate activity is with the Sponsor on Sunday, Feb. 22 from 1:30-6 p.m. This event will also include a parent meeting with the Mass Selection and enrollment of Names at the 5 p.m. Mass. Make sure your sponsor knows the date and times! I will be communicating about the collected paperwork and online reflections in the coming weeks.
Have a great Holy Spirit-filled week!