We are just a few days from your reception of Confirmation and completion of Initiation in the Catholic Church! The Confirmation Team and I are praying for you and your families during this week! In the last month or so, I hope you have been able to increase and deepen your prayer life. God will continue to do great things in and through you when you are connecting with God regularly.
I want to remind you of a few things for the week ahead.
- Rehearsals are Thursday, April 16 from 6:00-7:30pm or Friday, April 17 from 7:00-8:30pm. You and your sponsor (or a parent) should attend one of these. Check-in is in the Narthex.
- You will receive your white Confirmation gown at rehearsal and here is link to the previous post about what to wear and commonly asked questions.
- If your Sponsor is not able to attend your Confirmation celebration on Saturday let me know who your proxy will be. I want to be prepared for them.
- Saturday, you and your sponsor will need to arrive 1 hour prior to your Mass time.
- Reconciliation – There are only a couple of times for reconciliation (Wednesday: 7:15 a.m. and 6:00-7:00 p.m.) before Saturday and if these times don’t work for you, schedule an appointment with one of our priests. They would love to help you prepare for Confirmation in this way.
- Photographer Information: The photographer WILL take pictures as Candidates are confirmed. Payment envelopes will be available at rehearsal and will be collected at the reception (at the Candidate gown check-in table.)
- Review, review, review with the Material Review Sheet!
As you prepare this week, here is a video from Decision Point, especially Session 10:4- On the Day, it may help you remember what is going to happen this weekend and bring some things to mind that you thought about during the retreat.
I hope you have a great week!