Hello FUEL parents and participants,
Last Sunday we discussed prayer and explored (and practiced) a few ways we can pray with and for others and using scripture.
We are trying to move our prayer lives from asking for conviencen in our lives and thinking about our wishes and looking to do God’s Will even though that might be hard.
We looked a a couple of prayer models from the Bible and how did they enter into conversation with God, how they responded, and how God continued to invite them to greatness! If you too want to check out these models of prayer too!
Models of Prayer from Scripture
- As you read look for
- Who is in the passage?
- What is their conversation with God about?
- What is the person’s response?
- How does this passage apply to YOU? (What truth can you take from this passage?)
- Genesis 12:1-9 (call of Abram and Sarai)
- Exodus 3:1-15 (Moses at the burning bush)
- Matthew 26:36-46 (Jesus prays in Gethsemane)
We also invited the candidates to share with us a App that they use on their phone to pray. We had a good list of Apps for Prayer our teens use!
Our next session is Sunday, Dec. 3 from 2-6 p.m.
Kendra + Confirmation Team